Apple Watch is valuable and one of the best wearable techs ever made. However, using and unpair Apple Watch without a phone is not always easy.
You can connect the Apple watch to your iPhone or iPad and use the internet connection on your phone. In this article, I will explain how you can unpair your Apple Watch without a Phone or iPad.
This process of unpairing your apple watch is easy but takes some time, so make sure you can dedicate enough time to pair your Apple Watch before getting started with unpairing and resetting your watch app.
Table of Contents
How to unpair your Apple Watch from an iPhone?
To unpair your Apple Watch with your iPhone is easy. You don’t have to worry about it if you are selling an Apple Watch or losing it. However, if you have successfully paired an Apple Watch with another phone, you must unpair your Apple Watch before pairing them again.
To unpair your Apple Watch, all you need to do is:
- Tap Settings app on your phone
- Select General and then About
- You will see a list of devices under the “All Devices” section that includes iOS devices like iPad and MacBooks but also non-Apple products such as Smart TVs connected via HDMI cable, charger press, etc.,
- Scroll down till you find the ‘successfully unpair’ button next to the ‘Apple Watch app (GPS + Cellular)’ entry in that list and click on it one more time so that button becomes active, then click again on the unpair button after a few seconds when popup confirmation dialog box appears asking “Are You Sure?
- Unpairing your device will permanently erase all the data from this device, and the Apple Watch will be unpaired from the iCloud account.
How can I click and unpair Apple Watch without a Phone?
Apple Watch is a great gadget, but when something goes wrong, and you need to click and unpair the Apple Watch without your iPhone, you might be unable to do so.
You might have forgotten the passcode, or your paired iPhone could die. There is no worry because there are ways to click and unpair an Apple Watch without a Phone or even install any app.
To erase all content and settings, save the Apple Watch backup and start the un-pairing process on Apple Watch:
- Tapping Settings > General > Reset
- If you are prompted for a password, type it in
- You can remove or keep your plan for GPS + Cellular models
- Confirm the deletion and click Erase. The factory settings will be restored to the Apple Watch after this operation
- The Apple Watch can now be set up again. Turning off Activation Lock requires an Apple ID and password
How can I click and unpair an Apple Watch with an iPhone?
If you wish to click and unpair an Apple Watch with an iPhone, follow these steps, and while unpairing the Apple Watch from the phone, keep them close.
- On the iPhone, open the Watch app
- Click All Watches under the My Watch tab
- You can unpair a watch by tapping the info option next to it
- From the menu, select Unpair Apple Watch.
- Then Unpair
- Keeping or removing your cellular plan is an option for GPS or Cellular models
- Keep an Apple Watch & iPhone plan in case you plan to pair them again
- Unpair the Apple Watch & iPhone if you do not wish to pair them again. Your cellular subscription might need to be canceled if you do not pair it with another iPhone or Apple Watch
- To turn off the Lock, sign in with your Apple ID and password and tap Unpair
How to unpair and erase my Apple Watch?
Removing an Apple Watch from your iPhone and saving an Apple Watch backup is a relatively simple process. However, if you wish to remove an Apple Watch from its paired device, you’ll need to unpair the two devices through the Watch app on your phone.
If you’re unsure if your device is paired, open the Settings app and select Bluetooth.
If a pair of devices appears in this menu (such as “an iPhone” or “iPad”), then they are already connected. Therefore, you must disconnect them before moving on to the next steps.
The first step is to put in an apple ID password for accessing the Apple Watch tab within the main menu area of the Watch app on your phone. From here, select Device Pairing & click information under Unpair & Erase Your Devices at the bottom right corner of the screen.
How to reset if you forgot your Apple Watch passcode?
If you forgot your passcode, you could follow these steps. However, until you have completed these steps, keep your watch on its charger.
- Using the side button, slide the activation lock, and press and hold the power button until you see it.
- When the “Erase content and settings” message appears, click and hold the Digital Crown.
- You must click twice to confirm the reset
- You will need to restart the Apple Watch after the process is complete.
- Backups should be restored when asked
How to unpair Apple Watch from my iPhone?
If you have an Apple Watch and want to remove it from your paired iPhone, there are two methods you can use: Unpair the Apple Watch or Disconnecting.
To unpair the device, open up the Settings app on your phone and select General > reset> Erase All Content and Settings. Next, tap unpair Apple Watch, and you’ll be prompted to enter your passcode (if applicable) before beginning this process, so make sure you know what it is!
Once completed, the Apple Watch will no longer be connected to any other devices or share information with them.
If, for some reason, this doesn’t work or is not an option for some reason, then go into the Apple Watch on a MacBook, computer, or another iOS device that’s connected to yours and disconnect from there instead!
This happens automatically when syncing new data between devices but can also be done manually by going into Settings > General > Resetting all settings and tapping erase.
How to remove an Apple Watch from a previous owner’s iPhone?
You will need to unpair the apple watch (which requires an Apple ID password) from the previous iPhone with which it was paired.
To do so, open the Watch app on your phone and tap Unpair Apple Watch. This will erase all data on your watch and allow you to pair it with another device.
You may also want to use this feature if upgrading phones or adding more than one Apple Watch to your collection.
In this case, unplugging one from your phone before pairing another helps keep things organized in the Health app and makes it easier for you when switching between devices (like when going for a run).
What happens if an Apple watch is not paired with iPhone?
If the Apple Watch is not paired with an iPhone, it cannot send notifications or receive calls. You can, however, still use the cellular Apple Watch to track your heart rate.
Can I use an Apple watch without owning an iPhone?
You can use Apple Watch (you’d still have to have an Apple ID password )without owning an iPhone. Instead, you need an Apple ID, which you can create using your computer or iOS device.
If you don’t have an iPhone, you can still set up and use Apple Watch with your phone or a friend’s phone.
However, if you wish to use it with the iPad, there are some limitations on what features will work and how smoothly they’ll run on the larger screen of the tablet device versus those of a smartphone.
How to unpair a stolen Apple Watch?
If you suspect the Apple Watch has been stolen, immediately unpair it from your iPhone. To unpairing an Apple Watch, go to the Watch app on your phone, slide the activation lock, and select “My Watch.”
Then tap on “Unpair Apple Watch” in the top right corner. You will be asked to enter a passcode for your watch that is the same as for unlocking your phone.
Once entered, the device will be wiped of all information through factory settings and paired with another iPhone (if available). The next time someone attempts to use a new iPhone paired with an old Apple Watch, they will receive an error message stating that it cannot be activated because it is already linked to another device.
So, that’s it! All you have to do is follow the instructions described above for unpairing the Apple watch, and you will be able to unpair Apple Watch from your iPhone.
The only way to unpair an Apple Watch from your iPhone is to tap erase to erase the watch, which requires using its app on the phone. It sounds like you erased your phone before unpairing the watch. Unfortunately, unless you have a backup of the phone before erasing it, there’s no way to recover it now.