No doubt, you can easily connect Apple AirPods or AirPods Pro to your iPhone. We’ll learn how to do that. But additionally, there are more things to cover, like issues in the connectivity.
The AirPods or AirPods Por are widely used even on non-Apple devices like an Android phone. Moreover, you can use them with an iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, and Macs.
Now, let’s move towards connecting AirPods to iPhone. Both the Bluetooth devices should have enough charge to work without any disturbance.
Connecting AirPods to iPhone and Other Apple Devices
Before starting, let’s check whether your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS. To check the iOS version on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- First, go to the Settings app.
- Select General.
- There, go to Software Update.
- If you see an iOS update is available, tap Download and Install.
Besides, make sure your iPhone is connected to a strong Wi-Fi connection. Plus, your iPhone should have enough space to install the latest software update files. Finally, it’s mandatory to successfully connect AirPods Pro to your iPhone without issues.
Since the Apple devices almost have the same connectivity procedure, you have first to pair AirPods Pro with your iPhone and then configure the audio settings.
Connect AirPods or AirPods Pro to iPhone
No doubt, if you have an iPhone and AirPods or AirPods Pro, they will connect automatically. You have to do the following:
- Bring the AirPods case next to your iPhone while keeping the AirPods inside.
- Flip open the case.
- If the pair is new, your AirPods connect to your iPhone automatically.
- Suppose you are reconnecting them; press and hold the button on the back of the AirPods case. That will reset them. Once the reset is done, your iPhone will show a prompt.
- Tap Connect on the Bluetooth menu. The status light on the case will first blink and then go static.
- You might see further instructions. Follow them.
- After completing the basic configuration, tap Done.
Moreover, if you have enabled the Find My feature, your AirPods Pro will automatically appear there. So that’s how to connect AirPods or AirPods Pro to an iPhone. Simple, isn’t it? Now, let’s discuss connecting them to Android or other Bluetooth devices.
Connect AirPods or AirPods Pro to Android or Other Bluetooth Devices
- On your Android, go to Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- From the Bluetooth settings, toggle on Bluetooth. The Bluetooth icon will appear in the top-right corner.
- Now, bring the AirPods close to your Android.
- Open the AirPods charging case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case. Do that until you see the white light begins to flash. Also, you will see the AirPods listed in the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to pair AirPods.
Now, you have connected the AirPods Pro to your iPhone. But what if on the same Apple device, another Bluetooth wireless speaker is already connected?
Switch Audio Output to Your AirPods
Sometimes, it’s possible that your phone doesn’t make the AirPods the audio output device. Moreover, when you connect other Bluetooth audio speakers to your iPhone, you probably won’t get the AirPods as your primary sound output. Therefore, you have to follow this setup process:
- First, make sure the charging case is open to choose from other audio devices.
- Now, open Control Center on your iPhone. You can do that easily from the iPhone’s home screen.
- Next, touch and hold the audio card located in the top-right corner.
- Tap the Airplay button.
- From there, choose the device you want as your sound output.
After doing that, start listening to music, attending calls, and enjoying movies with your AirPods Pro as your primary audio output device.
Why are My AirPods Not Connecting to My iPhone?
It’s a common problem that while connecting your AirPods with your iPhone, they don’t connect. It’s probably because your iPhone can’t discover the AirPods Pro. Or maybe, your AirPods are misbehaving.
In either of the case, try turning Bluetooth off and on again on your iPhone:
- From the Control Center, tap the Bluetooth button to turn it off.
- After a few seconds, tap that again.
- See the list of the scanned devices.
How Do I Reset My AirPods?
- Press and hold the button on the back of the AirPods charging case for 15 seconds. Do that until you see the light goes amber and flashes a few times. After that, it will go on white flashes again.
- This indicates that your AirPods Pro has been successfully reset.
- You will have to re-pair them again with your iPhone or any other devices.
The “Tap Connect” button Has Frozen. What to Do?
This usually happens with other Apple devices as well. In such a case, close the Bluetooth window on, let’s say, Mac and send the AirPods in the pairing mode again. The freezing issue will be resolved, and you can enjoy listening to audio from the AirPods once again.
Also, on your Mac, you can go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth > Remove and Pair devices again.
How to Connect AirPods Pro to Apple TV?
- First, make sure your Apple TV is up to date. Plus, you must be logged in with your Apple ID and the iCloud account.
- On the TV, open settings from the Siri remote. You can also give audio commands by saying, “Hey Siri.”
- Turn Bluetooth on.
- Now, open the AirPods Pro case and hold the setup button. The TV will detect them.
- Wait till the pairing process gets finished.
Besides, you can follow the same process for the second-generation AirPods Pro and other AirPods models.
How Do I Reconnect my AirPods to a Bluetooth Device?
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on all other Apple Devices.
- Now, press and hold the button on the back of the case to disconnect the AirPods.
- Once the AirPods are in the pairing mode, select them from the Apple device you want to connect.
Moreover, this method applies to other Bluetooth earbuds as well.
No doubt, connecting AirPods to iPhone is not a complex process. However, things might get complicated when you try to connect the Apple AirPods to non-supported devices.
Other than this, your iPhone might also give you errors due to the old iOS version. Therefore, always check for the system updates before connecting AirPods to your iPhone for a seamless connectivity experience.