Wondering how to turn off SafeSearch on your iPhone? This article will discuss ways to turn off SafeSearch filters on iPhones on different browsers and applications.
Once you disable SafeSearch, the search engine won’t hide explicit content. This includes NSFW content.
But to turn off SafeSearch, there are a few things that you should know beforehand. There is no problem in turning it off, but you should know why SafeSearch on iPhone or Android exists and how it benefits you differently.
Table of Contents
How does SafeSearch work?
SafeSearch provides you protection against adult content. This is how it works.
When SafeSearch is On:
You should know that SafeSearch isn’t always 100% accurate, but it does filter explicit results. So when you disable SafeSearch, the browser will show you all the relevant search results minus explicit content.
When SafeSearch is Off:
When SafeSearch is off, the search engine provides you with all the relevant results that go along the lines of your keyword, which may also include adult or explicit content.
Who Can Change Your SafeSearch Settings?
As long as you have protected your account with two-factor authentication and nobody else has access to your account, nobody can change the settings except you. But that’s only applicable to an adult.
Here is who can manage Safe Search settings,
- If you are the only one who manages your Google account, then only you can turn SafeSearch on or off.
- If your parent manages your account, then they can adjust the settings of SafeSearch using the Family Link application.
- Your account administrator can manage the search settings if you have signed into a Google Workspace for Education and are under 18.
- Your network or device administrator can also manage SafeSearch settings.
Importance of Web Filtering or SafeSearch
Most of the time, the kids are at risk of being exposed to graphical or adult content that they shouldn’t have access to at a tender age. This is why SafeSearch filters exist on Google services and other search engines.
This is why web filtering is essential,
- It keeps inappropriate content from appearing on the screen.
- It protects your website data from being hacked.
- It gives autonomous control to parents over the online activities of their kids.
- Your personal information remains safe and secure.
- It keeps the files and data on your device from being shared unauthorized.
How to Turn SafeSearch On or Off?
If you manage your account, you can conveniently turn off safe search for your phone settings, browser, and any application.
We will discuss how you can turn off SafeSearch on your iPhone:-
Turn Off SafeSearch on iPhone
You can turn off the SafeSearch option on your default browser.
- Go to your iPhone browser and search.
- This should open the search engines. Next, you will find three horizontal bars in the right-hand corner of your screen. Tap it and open the menu.
- In the menu, tap Hide Explicit Content.
- You can toggle off the clear results filter, which will disable SafeSearch.
- Return to your research, which should display all the relevant results without filtering NSFW content.
Turn Off Google SafeSearch on the App
To turn off SafeSearch on Google Search Engine, you must go to the application and then turn the filter off manually. Once you turn Google SafeSearch off, it will show you precise search results in your Google search results.
- Launch the Google app or Google search on your iPhone or iPad to access Google Search settings.
- At the top right, tap your Profile Picture or Initials, tap Settings, and choose Hide Explicit Results.
- Now you can turn the Google SafeSearch filter toggle on or off.
- If you find a lock icon at the top-right corner of your screen, your Google SafeSearch settings are locked.
- You can unlock it by entering your pin code or Face ID.
Turn Off SafeSearch on Safari Browser
To ensure your search results show NSFW content on your Safari browser, this is how you can turn off SafeSearch,
- Go to your iOS Settings app or open Safari.
- Find Screen Time and select Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Once you Toggle On the Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap on Content Restrictions.
- Inside Content Restriction, scroll down until you see Web Content.
Once in the Web Content tab, choose Unrestricted Access and tap save.
Answering Some FAQs about SafeSearch results below,
Why can’t I turn off SafeSearch?
If you cannot disable SafeSearch on your smartphone, then that is probably because of a connected network. For example, if you’re connected to a public network in your school or office, the administrator has put in these restrictions that you can’t surpass.
How to turn SafeSearch off on MacBook?
Select the Settings app to turn off SafeSearch on your MacBook. Once the dropdown menu for settings shows up, go to Restricted Content and untick the NSFW filter.
Is SafeSearch on by default?
Yes, SafeSearch is turned by default for kids under 13 or the legal age to gain access to detailed search results. This is for accounts with parental control through the Family Link app. Only parents can turn on and off the SafeSearch on these accounts.
So, this is everything we can gather regarding how to turn SafeSearch off on your iPhone. This filter is effortless to turn off on an Android device, but the process is a bit long for an iPhone user.
Always clear your history before closing your browser to protect your device from malware. Hopefully, this article has provided you with all the information you need.
You can follow these similar steps for turning off SafeSearch on other apps such as Quora or Reddit. Go to their settings and then gain access to Restricted Content. Once you turn off the toggle filter, you can view relevant NSFW results.
Do leave us with your feedback below. Thank you for reading.