Apple Inc. has made its name mainly due to the top-notch security and privacy it provides to its users. It is practically impossible to unlock or reset iPhone without an apple id. But there’s a catch, you can factory reset your iPhone without your Apple ID and apple id password if the ‘find my iPhone’ feature is turned off on your device.
The only way to reset an iPhone is if you do not have access to its Apple ID password and its ‘find my’ feature is turned on. That is to contact apple support and provide proof of ownership. The representative will then unlock your apple device. You can then reset it later.
But you can do that if you want to reset an iPhone without an Apple ID and its ‘find my’ feature is turned off. There are five easy ways to reset your iPhone without Apple ID. Keep on reading to find out which one might work for you.
Five Ways to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID
Let’s say you have an old iPhone, and you forgot your apple ID and the Apple ID password of that phone. Or you just purchased an old Apple device, and the previous owner’s Apple ID is still linked to that phone. You will have to remove the Apple ID to use the device.
You can use any of the five ways to reset your iPhone.
Please note that these ways will work only if the phone’s ‘find my iPhone’ is turned off. If this feature is turned on and one tries to reset the iOS device, it will lock. You will need an iCloud activation unlocker to remove the iCloud activation lock.
Following are the ways you can factory reset your iPhone without Apple ID
1. Use a paid tool.
It is important to note that any unconventional method to reset your iPhone without an Apple ID will cost a few bucks. However, a few good tools can reset your iPhone and even remove the old accounts from the iOS device.
Some of the tools are :
- iMyFone lockWiper
- Stellar iPhone eraser
- Fone- screen unlock
- Unlock Go
Mentioned below are the ways you can use these tools to reset your iPhone without Apple ID
- iMyFone LockWiper
iMyFoneLockWiper is a paid tool. After purchasing the device, use the following steps to reset your iPhone:
- Download the software to your computer and run it
- When the dialogue box appears, click on ‘unlock apple ID.’
- Now connect your phone to your laptop and click on the ‘start to unlock’ option to begin the reset
- Once the process is successful, your phone will reset without the Apple ID and Apple ID password
- Stellar iPhone eraser
The second secure software to reset your iPhone is the Stellar iPhone eraser, and this is how you use it:
- Download and run ‘stellar toolkit’ on your laptop or PC
- Select ‘erase iPhone data’ and then click next
- Connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable and click ‘erase.’
- All data, including the Apple ID and Apple ID password, will be erased, and data recovery will not be possible anymore.
PhoneClean lets you delete junk and useless data off your phone, but in its latest update, you can now reset your iPhone without Apple ID in the following ways:
- First, download and run the software on your laptop or PC.
- Next, open the window and select ‘erase clean.’
- Finally, connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable and click on the screen ‘erase now’ option.
This tool will first load your data on the laptop, then delete it and erase the iPhone apple ID.
- DoctorFone- screen unlock
Doctor fone is another reliable and fast tool to reset your iPhone without Apple ID. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect your iOS device to your laptop or PC and launch the application.
- In the ‘screen unlock’ section of the application, click on the ‘unlock apple id’ option
- A new dialogue box will appear. For example, it will prompt ‘trust this computer’ and press ‘trust.’
- Enter ‘000000’ as your password and click on ‘unlock.’
- The device will start to reset, and when the apple id resets, it will let you know
- Safely remove the iPhone from your laptop and use it without your apple ID and Apple ID password.
- Unlock Go
The Unlock Go is reliable and efficient software to reset iPhones without Apple ID. It takes just a few minutes to reset your iPhone without Apple ID. The steps to using this software are:
- Download and run the software on your laptop or PC
- Select the ‘unlock apple id’ option on the screen
- connect your ios device to the computer and click on ‘unlock now.’
- The software will guide you on two-factor authentication. Complete that process, and the reset will start
- After the factory reset, your phone will have no apple ID or Apple ID password linked to it
So, these were the top five software to reset iPhone without apple id and Apple ID password.
Though most apps are paid and require a lot of time and effort, results are almost always guaranteed. If you want to use Apple’s app to reset your iPhone, use the iTunes app.
2. Use recovery mode
Another method to reset iPhone and iPod touch without apple ID and Apple ID passwords are to use the recovery mode.
Follow the steps below to reset your iOS device:
- Download the latest iTunes on your Mac or computer and update it
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or computer
- Connect your phone to your laptop with an original Apple USB cable and put it in recovery mode. (mentioned below)
- For this method, your iPhone must run the latest iOS version.
- After iTunes detects the DFU mode, it will send a message to you. If you are asked about the device passcode, please respond promptly.
- Click on ‘OK’ in the iTunes bar, click on ‘summary’, and then on the ‘restore iPhone’ option.
- Click ‘restore’ to confirm, and the reset will begin.
How to enable recovery mode?
For iPhone 8 and later, you can turn recovery mode on by pressing and releasing the volume up and down buttons one after the other and holding the side button till the recovery mode screen appears.
For iPhone 7 and 7plus, press and hold the side button and volume down button together to enter recovery mode
for the iPhone 6s, press the home button and side button together for recovery mode
This method will reset iPhone without Apple ID and Apple ID password.
Note that all the data, including pictures, videos, files, and documents, will delete, and the phone will reset. Like a standard factory reset iPhone option, the iTunes reset reboots the entire iOS device.
Also, as Apple makes iTunes, it is a safe and far more reliable option than third-party apps or software. And for the same reason, it works on all ios devices and is easier to use.
3. Reset iPhone using the settings app
You can use the setting menu to reset your iPhone without your Apple ID. To reset your phone, its ‘find my’ feature must be turned off. Also, you must know the restriction password or the apple password, if there are any.
Following are the steps to reset your phone’s Apple ID and password.
- Open the Settings app and select the ‘reset’ option.
- Click the ‘erase all content and setting’s tab.
- Enter the passcode and select ‘erase iPhone
- The iPhone will factory reset, and you can log in again.
Even though this method is reliable and safe, it has its limitations. Knowing the passcode is essential to use this method to reset iPhone without Apple ID.
The last method of resetting the iPhone without Apple ID is mentioned below.
4. Recover Apple ID and Apple ID password
The easiest way to reset iPhone without Apple ID is to try and recover both the apple id and the apple id password. The Apple ID is crucial as it backs up data and is linked to your devices.
To recover the Apple ID and Apple ID password, you can use the settings menu or the online Apple support app. You can also ask a friend with whom you might have shared the apple ID and Apple ID password.
You can even visit the apple store with proof of ownership, and they will reset the Apple ID password or provide you with the apple password. Or you can use the ‘find my iPhone’ feature as well.
5. Reset iPhone without Apple ID password
If you have your Apple ID but have forgotten the apple password, use this method to reset your Apple ID password. Please note that it is easier to reset the password than the Apple ID.
You can use the recovery key to log in if you have set two-step verification for your Apple ID.
If your ID two-factor authentication is turned on, you can reset your Apple ID password using any trusted device.
Answer Security Question:
If you had set a security question for your ID, then you can answer that and get an email to reset the device passcode completely. You can then remove your Apple ID or perform an Apple password reset.
Apple provides top-grade security and privacy to its users. But unfortunately, it is tough to reset iPhones without Apple ID.
Let’s say you forgot Apple ID that is linked to your device. The above ways will help you reset your phone as long as ‘find my iPhone’ is turned off on your phone.
Using illegal ways to reset an iPhone without an Apple ID can activate the iCloud activation lock, and you can lose data. Always keep your iPhone, iPad, and Mac updated with the latest operating system version.
You can use the five ways mentioned above to reset your iPhone without Apple ID. The previous account erases once you reset your iPhone. You can then start using your new device without the last ID.
Lastly, resetting or bypassing a stolen or snatched device is illegal and can have serious consequences. Apple allows resetting iPhones without an Apple ID, but users must not use it for unlawful purposes.