Apple AirPods give you good company when you are out walking, jogging, or busy with your professional tasks. First, however, it’s essential to know how to check the battery on AirPods from time to time.
It’s because if you don’t know the AirPods battery status, you might face unexpected battery low interruption during an important call or your favorite music.
Besides, the AirPods battery gives you around 6 hours of listening time and 4 hours of talk time. We’ll learn how you can enhance the AirPods battery later. But first, let’s check your AirPods battery using the following methods.
Table of Contents
How to Check AirPod Battery Life?
Since you know that you can connect your AirPods to iPhone, iPad, and Mac, there’s a bit different method to check your AirPods battery level on each iOS device. Moreover, you can also connect your AirPods to non-Apple devices as well. All it requires is a mere Bluetooth connection.
So, first, let’s check your AirPods battery level on your iPhone or iPad.
Check AirPods Battery on iPhone or iPad
Make sure your AirPods are connected to your iOS device in the first method. Next, you can check whether your AirPods are connected to your iPhone or iPad by the following method:
- From the Home Screen, open Control Center. You can also swipe up on your phone’s lock screen to access that.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon. The icon will turn blue (or highlighted by any color.) Moreover, you will see the Bluetooth icon on the top-right corner of your phone’s screen.
- Now, go to Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
There, you will see the name of your AirPods and their connectivity status. Additionally, you can apply this method if you have an Android phone.
Check AirPods Battery Life When You Are Not Wearing Them
Now once you have validated the connectivity, let’s check the battery levels of both your AirPods and the charging case.
- Hold the AirPods case near your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the case lid. Once you open it, you will show a pop-up on your iPhone or iPad screen.
That screen will show the battery percentage of your AirPods as well as the case. After checking how much battery is left in both devices, decide on your own whether any of them requires charging or not.
Check AirPods Battery Status When You Are Wearing Them
Now, if you want to check the AirPods battery status while you are wearing them, you have to add the AirPods battery widget for your iPhone.
iPhone Batteries Widget
First, what is a widget?
A widget is an excerpt of an application that gives you instant information. You don’t have to launch an app to see the recent activities. With the help of those iPhone widgets, you can enhance the UI of your iOS device and quickly get the required information.
Similarly, the iPhone batteries widget tells you the battery status of your iPhone, AirPods, and other Bluetooth devices.
Therefore, you have to add the batteries widget on your iPhone to check the battery level of your AirPods while you are using them.
Enable iPhone Batteries Widget
- On the Home Screen, swipe right to get on the widget page.
- Tap Edit and find the Batteries option with a Plus icon to add it.
- Tap add Widget and tap done.
Once you tap Add Widget, you will instantly get the batteries widget on the particular page.
To check that, go to the Home Screen > Swipe right to go to the widgets page > check the AirPods battery level on the Batteries widget.
Ask Siri About the AirPods Battery Level
It isn’t enjoyable using your iPhone while enjoying music or talking on call. But you have to check the battery level of your AirPods one way or another. Therefore, you can try a smarter method to check how much battery is left in your AirPods.
This method refers to asking Siri about the battery status.
- Activate Siri on your iOS device.
- Give her this command “What’s my AirPod’s battery level?”
Siri will show you the battery percentage of the charging case as well as the AirPods.
Check Battery Life of AirPods Pro on Mac/MacBook Pro
You can also connect your AirPods to macOS devices without a problem. Here’s how to connect the AirPods to macOS devices before knowing their battery level.
Connect AirPods to Mac Devices
- First, make sure that the AirPods are fully charged. If not, charge the AirPods.
- Put the AirPods inside the case.
- Now, press and hold the back button until the amber-colored light starts to flash.
- On your Mac, click on the Control Center icon.
- Select the Bluetooth settings.
- Click Bluetooth preferences. Your Mac will scan the AirPods.
- Once done, click on the Connect button. Now your AirPods and Mac are connected.
Moreover, there’s a high probability that your Mac will ask you to set up Siri with the AirPods. Just tap Enable and click the Setup button if you want to do that.
Now, you are ready to use your AirPods on your Mac device.
Check Battery Level of AirPods on Mac Devices
Follow these steps to check the AirPods battery level on Mac/Macbook Pro:
- First, on the menu bar, click on Control Center.
- Next, click on the Bluetooth icon.
- In the Bluetooth menu, you will see the battery level of both left and right AirPods as well as the charging case.
So, these are the methods through which you can check the battery level of the AirPods and the charging case. However, a lot of AirPods users struggle to find the battery level of the case without an iOS device.
Therefore, let’s discuss the charging case of your Apple AirPods.
AirPod Charging Case
You can only charge your AirPods using its charging case. Other than that, Apple doesn’t provide an alternate solution. Therefore, it’s impossible to charge your AirPods without the charging case.
Moreover, you can charge the AirPods case either wireless or by connecting it to a charger via a cable.
AirPods Case Wireless Charger
If your AirPods case is compatible with the wireless charger, you have to put the charging case on the Qi-compatible charging mat simply. Simple, isn’t it?
Besides, both AirPods Pro Generation 1st & 2nd support the wireless charging of the AirPods case.
AirPods Case Charger Via Cable
If your AirPods case doesn’t have the wireless charging feature, you have to charge it using a cable.
Plus, you can charge the case with or without the AirPods inside.
AirPods Case Status Light
When you put the AirPods in the case, you will see either green or amber light inside the blank space in the case. That’s the status light. Moreover, you can also see the status light at the front of the case.
But how do the colored lights tell the charge status of the case?
The green light shows that the AirPods are fully charged. Besides, when you take out the AirPods, you still see the status light. The color green means that the case has enough capacity to one-time fully charge the AirPods.
This light shows that the AirPods still need the juice to get fully charged. However, when you remove the AirPods and see the amber-colored light, it means that the case still has some charge but not enough to fully charge the AirPods.
That’s how the AirPods case tells you its charge status.
How to Increase the Lifespan of AirPods Batteries?
To improve the AirPods battery lifespan, follow these practices:
- Always keep your AirPods in the case when you are not using them.
- Handle the AirPods and the case with care.
- Store the AirPods and the case between -10º and 45º C (14º to 113º F) temperature range.
- You can also turn off the smart features of your AirPods to improve the battery life of your AirPods.
How to Check AirPods Battery Life on Apple watch?
- Open the Control Center on your Apple Watch by swiping up the watch face. There, you will see the percentage of your AirPods’ batteries.
- You can also add battery complications to your Apple Watch. They are just like the batteries widget on your iPhone.
Can I Leave AirPods Charging Overnight?
The team of Apple products specialists doesn’t recommend leaving the AirPods case connected to power overnight. Why?
It affects the lifespan of the Lithium-ion batteries in your AirPods.
Why Won’t My AirPods Show Battery Life?
There are two common methods to solve why your AirPods are not showing the battery levels.
- First, disconnect your AirPods from the devices they are connected to. After that, connect them again and check your AirPods battery level.
- If the above method doesn’t work, the batteries might have drained completely. Therefore, charge the case and the AirPods before rechecking the battery level.
- In case these methods don’t help you out, contact Apple support. Moreover, you can also take your AirPods along with the charging case to a nearby Apple store.
How to Select AirPods as Sound Output Device on Mac?
- Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Sound. If the AirPods are connected to your macOS device, you will see their name in the Output devices list.
- Select your AirPods.
- Click on the down-sided arrow for more options like Noise Cancellation and Transparency.
What Do Multiple Charges Mean in AirPods Case?
When you read that your AirPods charging case has multiple charges, it means that the case can fully charge the AirPods numerous times without any need to charge itself.
While it’s important to check the battery on AirPods, you shouldn’t overlook the charge status of the case. So, you have to keep checking the battery level of both the AirPods and the case for a seamless listening experience.
Moreover, you can add a batteries widget on your iPhone and iPad. That way, you can quickly know the battery levels of both the Apple devices, i.e., AirPods and the case.