The Apple AirPods work super-fine on Apple devices. There is no doubt about that. However, a lot of users struggle to connect AirPods to a Chromebook.
Talking about the usage of these laptops, almost 40 million Chromebooks are used for educational purposes. Besides, a Chromebook has the following top uses according to its specifications:
- Text Editing
- Streaming Audio & Video
This makes a Chromebook best for today’s students. But what if you are a Chromebook user and get a new pair of AirPods to make the best of that laptop? You don’t have to worry because this guide will show you how to connect AirPods to Chromebook in simple steps.
But first, let’s begin with this question.
Do AirPods Work with Chromebook?
No doubt, a lot of Chrome OS users believe that they can’t connect AirPods to any other devices outside the Apple ecosystem. But that’s not the case.
The Chromebook does support the AirPods and AirPods Pro. Besides, you have to make sure that Bluetooth is working fine in both of them. That’s the only way you can experience AirPods with a Chromebook.
Connect Apple AirPods to a Chromebook
Check Bluetooth Settings
First, understand that the AirPods connect with a Chromebook only via a Bluetooth network, just like other wireless headphones. Therefore, make sure that the Bluetooth is working without any error.
The Network Icon in Chromebook
After that, follow these steps to connect AirPods to a Chromebook:
- Next, click on the Network icon at the bottom right corner of your Chromebook. You will see Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Turn on Bluetooth by clicking on the arrow under the Bluetooth icon. Your Chromebook will start searching for other Bluetooth devices that are ready for pairing.
- Wait and see if the Chromebook detects your AirPods. In case this doesn’t happen, press the pair button on the AirPods. Now your Chromebook will detect the AirPods.
- A headphone icon will pop up. That’s the option to pair AirPods from the Chromebook. Click that icon and wait. You will get a message “Paired Devices.”
- Once the pairing process is done, you are ready to use AirPods on your Chromebook.
Turn Volume Up/Down
Once you have successfully paired the AirPods to the Chromebook, you can adjust the volume from the Chromebook.
Now, there’s no other method through which AirPods can work on your Chromebook. That’s why let’s discuss some of the problems related to this topic.
Why Won’t My AirPods Connect to My Chromebook?
This issue might occur due to the Bluetooth devices already connected to your Chromebook. Sometimes, another Apple device, like Apple computers with a default name, is ready to catch the Bluetooth signals. Once your turn on Bluetooth on your laptop, it automatically establishes a connection.
On the other hand, other Apple devices also look for AirPods. Once you open the AirPod case and pick them out, Apple’s wireless headphones quickly make a connection with other Apple products.
Solve from Chromebook
To solve this, go to the Bluetooth settings in the Bluetooth section on your Chromebook. Then, check whether any other devices are already connected to the devices list.
Moreover, you can reset the AirPods again.
Resetting the AirPods
If you find out that the AirPods are working with other devices, press and hold the setup button on the AirPods case. After disconnecting AirPods, try connecting with the Chromebook again.
Audio Skip Problem
If the connection is stable but getting audio skips, the issue might be due to Chrome OS. For that, try this method from the Chrome OS’s flags:
- First, go to chrome://flags/#newblue.
- Click on the Enable option.
- Once done, restart the Chromebook and wait.
After enabling Newblue, recheck the working of AirPods. This method might have resolved the audio issue.
Audio Sync Problem
This problem is also common in AirPods with a Chromebook. Moreover, many users complained that there is no synchronization between the wireless earbuds. The synchronization refers to sound is not equally distributed or out of line in both the earbuds.
So, how are you going to sync audio?
Follow these steps to solve the audio sync issue:
- You have to kill the connection. First, cover both earbuds. That will disconnect the AirPods.
- After that, uncover the earbuds again. You will see that the AirPods will go into pairing mode again.
- Let the Chromebook detect and connect with the AirPods.
There’s another way to solve this issue:
- Put the AirPods back in the case. That will instantly disconnect them. Also, the AirPods will become undiscoverable to all other devices.
- After 10-15 seconds, pick put the AirPods again. Once they are in the pairing mode, connect them to your Chromebook.
These methods are the simplest ones to resolve the audio issues.
However, there’s another issue related to the sound. When you connect your AirPods to a Chromebook, the connection gets established, but you can’t hear any sounds?
In that situation, what are you going to do?
Check whether the wired headphones are connected to your Chromebook or not. You have to plug out them to start getting sound on the AirPods.
Besides, you can still get sound on the AirPods without unplugging the wired headphones.
Follow these steps for the latter:
- Click on the bottom-right corner. There, you will see the headphone icon.
- Click on that icon to enter into the Audio settings.
- If the AirPods are connected to your Chromebook, you will see their name in the Output section.
- Select the AirPods from the list of audio output devices.
Now you will get the proper sound. However, if you are still getting issues with the AirPods or your Chromebook, the problem might be with the compatibility of either of the devices.
In such a case, the best bet is to look for another new pair of the same Apple category. If not, you can also visit the Apple store and let them fix the issue for you.
No doubt, you can connect your AirPods to non-Apple devices like Android phones and Chromebooks. All you have to do is first, pair the AirPods with Chromebook, and then start getting the best audio experience.
However, it’s important to check the battery percentage of the AirPods. If the battery life is low, you might face issues connecting them to your Chromebook.
Therefore, check the battery status and then connect AirPods to Chromebook to avoid any connection-related issues.