If you have a lot of people in your circle who use Apple devices, FaceTime can be an excellent tool for you to video chat with them because the great app is fast, convenient, and high-quality.
However, you are not obliged to use it if you do not like it. You may turn FaceTime off when you do not want to use it.
The best part is that disabling FaceTime is easy. Turning the feature off means that you will not receive any FaceTime calls. In addition, you will not have to worry about any security issues or any bugs caused by FaceTime.
So, the question is, how can you turn FaceTime off? Read the post to learn how to turn FaceTime off on all Apple devices.
Table of Contents
How to Disable the Facetime App on Mac and iPhone?
You must have been prompted to enable FaceTime and iMessage on your Mac or iPhone while completing the process.
If you click or tap on the Yes option, FaceTime will be enabled on your iOS device. In contrast, if you select the option for No, FaceTime will be disabled for both your iOS and macOS devices.
However, disabling the feature after selecting Yes is still possible. In addition, you can lock your FaceTime App using Screen Time Password. You can also use the feature for parenting controls for this purpose.
When you turn off FaceTime, no one will be able to access your App on Mac or iPhone.
Here are some ways you can disable FaceTime:
Disable FaceTime Calls on iPhone
To disable FaceTime, you need to follow these steps:
- First, navigate to the Settings app.
- Then, scroll down to tap the FaceTime option.
- Now, disable FaceTime from the following screen on your phone. You need to toggle the switch off beside FaceTime.
Use the Screen Time Feature on iOS 12 and Later
If you want to remove FaceTime from the iPhone Home screen, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app
- Then scroll your screen down to select Screen Time.
- From the Screen time window, you may tap Content and Privacy Restrictions.
- Select Allowed Apps.
- Now, turn off FaceTime by toggling the switch. The switch must turn grey/ white.
Use the Screen Time Feature on iOS 11 and Earlier
If you own a relatively older iPhone, you can try disabling FaceTime by following these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings.
- Now, you may tap on General.
- Then, select Restrictions. This will allow you to view settings.
- You must now set up your 4-digit passcode in the Set Passcode screen.
- You may find the FaceTime slider to your right side from the drop-down menu under the Disable Restrictions section.
- Once you have found it, tap it. This will enable the feature and tap turn the switch green.
- Once you have completed all steps, you may not see your FaceTime app on your iPhone Home screen.
This process will ensure that none of your kids turn on FaceTime accidentally.
Disable FaceTime on Mac
If you use a Mac computer, you can turn off FaceTime by following these steps:
- First, use the Launchpad or Dock to open FaceTime on Mac.
- Now, you may select the tab for FaceTime from the top of the menu bar.
- Then, disable FaceTime from the drop-down menu.
- You may alternatively turn off FaceTime by using the Command + K keys. This will disable FaceTime quickly.
Use the Parental Controls feature on Mac
The method mentioned above will only disable FaceTime on your Mac. However, it can still be enabled back on your Mac.
To prevent FaceTime from turning on again, you can use the feature for parenting controls. This will prevent your smart kids from enabling FaceTime on Mac again.
To do so, you may follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the Apple menu you may find at the upper menu bar from your Mac screen.
- Go to System Preferences from the menu.
- Now, you may select the tab for parenting controls.
- Then, you must select the FaceTime Account for which you wish to enable the Parental Controls.
- Once you’ve decided which account to choose, select the button for enabling Parental Controls.
- Now, click the tab for apps to check the limit for applications on your Mac.
- You may type FaceTime in the search bar for allowed apps to ensure that your FaceTime is not checked from the section for allowed apps.
Once done, no one can access FaceTime without typing in the Admin password you just set.
Many Apple users love to use the FaceTime app because of its incredible features and enjoy video calls. So, if you want to re-enable FaceTime calls someday to video chat or get all the latest news, you can do it quickly.
All you have to do is follow all the steps mentioned above. However, instead of turning the feature off, you may turn the switch green from white/grey and enter your Apple ID. This will allow you to use FaceTime again.
In addition, you must make sure you do not sign out of FaceTime because it will not allow you to receive FaceTime calls in this situation.