Apple has always been keen on offering multi-facet gadgets that could serve its consumers in every possible way. While mobile phones have always been on top, Macbooks are not too far either.
Did you know? You can set the alarm on Mac. If this sets you up to make the purchase, or you didn’t know about the timer app before, this article is worth reading.
Different Ways to Set Alarms on Mac
There are numerous ways you can set the alarm on your Mac, and in this article, we will talk about all of them.
Use the Built-in Alarm Clock in the Calendar App
If you navigate Mac’s built-in Calendar App, you should find the one-time alarm clock. You can use this alarm clock to remind yourself of important dates such as anniversaries, birthdays, even meetings,
Steps to set Built-in alarm on mac
- Click the Calendar icon on your Mac’s documents and launch the Calendar app.
- Click the File option and the New Calendar Event option in the top menu.
- You can set the alarm name and then press Return button to create the New Event.
- Click the Alert button and select Custom, and click Message with Sound.
- Here you will have the Date and Time option, where you can set the alarm for the desired day and exact time.
- You can also choose the alarm sound through the drop-down menu. Select a suitable audio alert and click Activate.
You can set the alarm on Mac using the built-in Calendar app. Make your MacBook turn on the day of the event so that when the alarm goes off, you will know about it.
Use Wake Up Time to Set an Alarm on Mac
Wake Up Time is a free alarm clock app on Mac that notifies you about important updates. Although Apple hasn’t updated this app in the last several years, it still does the job as it should. In addition, the app works even on the latest macOS, so you needn’t worry about that.
Steps to set the alarm on your Mac via Wake Up Time
- Open Wake Up Time app on your MacBook and set the desired date and time for the alert under the Alarm Time. You can use the arrows or select the time and date using your keyboard.
- Under the Sound option, use the alarm sound you like. For example, you can choose one that is a bit loud to ensure you don’t miss the alarm.
- You will find a round button that indicates Alarm On/Off on the bottom left of your screen. Please turn it on to activate the alarm.
- Once the alarm is turned on, you will get a notification indicating Alarm Set.
This is very effective; you will get an alert at the set time. Don’t forget to turn on your notifications.
Another important thing is that the Wake-Up Time app only works when your Mac is awake. So, you will have to set your Mac not to go into sleep mode to ensure the alarm sounds.
Download Helper App or Get a Third-Party App from Mac App Store
Otherwise, there is a helper application that you can use with Wake Up Time. It will turn off the sleep mode on your Mac before it is time for the alarm to sound.
You can get this helper application by clicking Download inside the app and then checking their FAQs for the answer.
You can also download third-party software on MacBook to set alarms. It is straightforward to download an alarm clock app via Mac App Store. A third-party app is just as convenient as built-in applications.
Use Siri to Set a Reminder on Mac
This isn’t necessarily an alarm but can be a substitute to remind you of important commitments.
As you know, there is no dedicated alarm app on macOS. However, you can use Siri to set up a reminder to get the notification at the desired time.
But before you can invoke Siri, you need to make sure Siri is enabled on your MacBook.
How to set up Siri
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Tap on Siri Icon.
- A window should open, and you will find Enable Ask Siri on the left side of the pane; click it.
- The macOS will ask you to reconfirm your action, which you can do so by clicking Enable.
- Now you will see the Siri icon pop up in the menu bar. Click it and say, “Hey Siri“.
- Say out loud what you want Siri to remind you of. For instance, “Remind me to sleep at 11:30 pm”.
- Siri will quickly create a reminder with just one command.
This is it. Siri will set the reminder and alert you at a specific time.
Use the Reminders App to Set Up an Alarm on Your Mac
If none of the above solutions have worked for you, perhaps you will find setting alarms in the Reminders app much better.
The only difference is that in the Reminders app, you must type the reminder’s name, date, and time by yourself instead of asking Siri to do it.
Setting Up an Alarm on the Reminders App
- Open the Reminders app on your MacBook.
- To set up a new reminder or a new event, click the plus + button on the top-right corner of the menu bar.
- Now type the name of the reminder. You can check the options for Remind on a Day and At a Time and then select the date and time per your desire. This will work as an alternate for an alarm. You can also choose a location to trigger the alert.
Once you have set up the reminder, you will be notified through a pop-up on your Mac with an audible sound, reminding you of what you need to do.
Use Online Alarm Clock
You can also use an online alarm clock to set the alarm on your Mac or Computer. There are various websites that you can opt for this purpose. It is a free option that anyone can use to set reminders. You can visit any of the following websites and set up the alert.
Ensure you don’t end up closing your browser tab, your MacBook isn’t put to sleep mode, or you won’t get notified on time.
Websites to set custom alarms online,
- Google Timer
Most of these websites work even after your internet has gotten disconnected. So these are some excellent options.
So, this is everything we could gather on how you can set alarms on Mac. As you have read, there is not much technicality when setting up alarms on Mac. You can even sync your iPhone to Mac and ensure you don’t miss out on any alerts.